WHY THE CHUOCHU?
All of CHUOCHU products are made using only the 19 Momme thickness, high grade Mulberry silk. All our products are hypoallergenic, pure and safe to use on even the most delicate skin.
HOW TO HAND WASH SILK?
Handwashing is always the best and safest method for washing particularly delicate items like silk. (some may prefer DRY CLEAN).
- Dissolve silk friendly washing detergent into warm water (maximum 30C).
- Add your silk items to the water and very gently rub any stains.
- Rinse your silk items with warm water until all remaining detergent has been removed.
- Carefully squeeze out any excess water, but avoid wringing or twisting as this will damage the silk.
- To remove any remaining water, you can lay the items flat on a dry towel and roll them up together. Then gently squeeze and press the towel.
- Hang dry if possible; however, avoid direct sunlight exposure.
HOW TO WASH SILK IN A WASHING MACHINE?
Although we strongly recommend washing all of our products by hand, our products are machine washable.
- Always use a PH neutral washing detergent specifically designed for washing silk or delicate fabrics. TENESTAR recommended as it is detergent specifically designed to care for silk items. Please follow the instruction on the bottle.
- Machine wash cold on a gentle cycle. Most washing tools should have a "delicate" setting. Some machines even have a silk setting specifically for cleaning silk.washed out.
- Wash on a cold temperature setting (max 30c).
- Use a non snagging delicates wash bag if you can.
- NEVER tumble dry your silk items. We always recommend air drying your silk items. Please avoid direct sunlight exposure, avoid drying on a radiator as the direct heat can damage the silk.